The Energy Agency successfully bid for a contract to establish and manage the Energy Saving Scotland advice centre for the South West, part of a Scotland-wide network of advice centres funded by the Scottish Government and managed by the Energy Saving Trust. On the 1st June 2013 it became known as Home Energy Scotland.
The advice centre provides free, impartial energy efficiency and transport advice to householders, community groups, businesses and the public sector.
Our trained advisors can help you access grant funding, interest free loans funded by the Scottish Government and other energy efficiency offers.
- Home Energy Check questionnaire that can be completed over the telephone, on-line or by hard copy. Once completed, you receive a detailed energy efficiency report with recommendations, specific to the household;
- Sustainable Transport advice
- Free E bike trials
- Renewable technology and energy efficiency advisory service to householders giving bespoke recommendations for your property. This can include a home visit to assess your property;
- Water saving advice to cut down both hot and cold water usage to save money on energy bills;
- Access to Scottish Governments’ Energy Efficient Scotland Programmes to help those vulnerable from fuel poverty.
- Working with local authorities and other organisations to develop sustainable energy initiatives.
The advice centre is available to provide information, attend events and deliver presentations to groups. Please contact us to find out more.
Calls are free including mobiles on 0808 808 2282 during office hours.
We also run other Scottish Government funded projects which are
- Energy Efficient Scotland – Area Based Scheme (EES ABS)
- Community and Renewable Energy Scheme (CARES)
Other projects include:
- In partnership with NHS Ayrshire & Arran, we are undertaking a detailed evaluation project to investigate the potential benefits of solid wall insulation, examine the impacts of the interventions to the households and the potential benefits to the householder's health and wellbeing
- A full-time Education Coordinator delivers energy lessons to primary school pupils
- An annual energy saving calendar competition
- In conjunction with South Ayrshire Council we provide Continuing Professional Development seminars for housing associations, architects, surveyors, planners, councillors and council staff
- We participate in Overseas Student Placement Scheme