You may be able to upgrade your home heating system for free (See T & C's 1)
As part of the Scottish Government's plan to reduce carbon emissions East Ayrshire Council is working with E.ON Energy Solutions on a demonstration project called Re-Heat to install 50 heat pumps and heat stores into resident's home across East Ayrshire, replacing current heating systems such as oil, LPG, solid fuels or electric storage heating.
To make this possible East Ayrshire Council is applying for funding from Scottish Government. The project will also be supported by funding from S.P. Energy Networks and E.ON. The funding for this scheme will allow East Ayrshire Council to offer you a free installation of a full heat pump system, helping you to get ahead of the game by replacing your current heating system, going green and adopting a more cost-effective way of providing heat and hot water to your home.
It's free, yes really!
We know this sounds too good to be true but it really is free. To get started and discover if your home is suitable, E.ON will need to come and do a free no obligation survey. If it is, you could get a new system installed for nothing.
Am i eligible?
If your property is suitable, the heat pump system will be designed to suit your home and meet your heating and hot water needs. What is needed before the installation takes place is your agreement that the system's performance can be monitored until the end of April 2024. This is to make sure you're receiving the level of comfort you're used to, or even better, and monitor the performance of the heat pump. This will support the project and provide valuable learnings based on your feedback and experience.
A cleaner, greener way to heat your home
There are different kind of heat pump systems available. The free home survey will determine the system design that would be most suitable for your property type and needs.
Benefits of heat pumps
- Typically heat pump installations can cost between £4,000 - £11,000 - you'll get this for free plus ongoing support so you get the best from your system.
- You could save up to £1,000 on your annual fuel bill when you replace your old electric storage heaters and up to £560 if you replace new electric storage heaters with a new air source heat pump (see T & C's 2)
- You could save up to £550 on your annual fuel bill by replacing your old oil boiler (G-rated) (see T & C's 3)
- Cleaner, greener and more efficient than your current heating system, on average heat pumps use 65-75% renewable energy (see T & C's 4)
- You'll get a 7-year manufacturer's warranty (see T & C's 5)
- Hassle free - there's no need to buy oil or LPG any more
- New radiators and a hot water tank for you for free (see T & C's 6)
Covid-19 and keeping everyone safe
E.ON is adhering to and observing social distancing measures, and all surveying and installer teams will be wearing the correct PPE when visiting your home.
Find out more and register today
This is a great opportunity so find out more today. You can find out more by contacting East Ayrshire Council's Managing Agent, Ruth Sutherland at the Energy Agency on 01292 525515 or complete the online registration form below.
FORM TO FOLLOW SHORTLY
Terms & Conditions
- This is a time limited, volume restricted project with a maximum volume of installs available by property type/heat pump type up to the total of 50 installs available. Your application is no guarantee that you will receive a heat pump and it will be subject to you meeting the eligibility requirements, your property suitability based on a home survey and places within the project being available. It is on E.ON's discretion to choose the most suitable households from the appllications received and surveys completed.
- Potential annual savings of installing a standard air source heat pump in an average sized four bedroom detached home and is dependent on what electric storage system you use and your household electricity usage. Figures are sourced from the Simple Energy Advice website. Figures are based on fuel prices as of April 2020.
- Potential annual savings of installing a standard air source heat pump in an average sized four bedroomed detached home with a G-rated oil boiler. And is dependent on the current oil system used, it's age and your household electricity useage. Figures are sourced from the Energy Saving Trust website and are based on fuel prices as of April 2020.
- Base on the Dalkin high and low temp (air to water) air source heat pump models.
- You must have your air source heat pump serviced annually by an approved installer to maintain your warranty.
- Subject to survey.