The Energy Agency operates the Home Energy Scotland advice centre in South West Scotland under contract to Energy Saving Trust. Home Energy Scotland is funded by the Scottish Government and delivered by Energy Saving Trust.
The Home Energy Scotland advice centre is staffed with highly trained advisors who provide free and impartial advice on energy saving, renewable energy, sustainable transport and waste prevention. This advice is available to householders, businesses, private sector landlords, local authorities, housing associations and communities throughout Ayrshire and Dumfries & Galloway.
- Advice provided on freephone number 0808 808 2282
- Home Energy Check questionnaire that can be completed on-line or by hard copy. Once completed, these generate a detailed energy efficiency report, specific to the householder
- Telephone advice on how to make homes more energy-efficient including insulation and heating
- Face-to-face advice given at events, presentations and community-based surgeries
- Home visit service - renewable technology and energy saving advisory service to householders giving tailor-made recommendations for their property. This can include a home visit
- Private sector landlord service giving tailor-made energy efficiency and renewable technology recommendations. This service can include a visit to the property to conduct a full assessment as well as provide access to grants
- Working with local authorities and other organisations to develop sustainable energy initiatives
- Water saving advice - to help reduce the amount of hot and cold water used in the home
- Waste advice - to help recycle and compost
- Travel and transport reviews for businesses and other organisations
- FuelGood Driver Training to both individuals and organisations to help give on the road advice